To whitelist the IP of a device doing the scans on a network in Symantec Endpoint Manager kindly follow the steps given below:
- Log in to the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) console.
- Click on Policies>Intrusion Prevention.
- Select the Intrusion Prevention policy you wish to update and click Edit the policy.
- Click Exceptions>Add and select the desired ID(s) from the exceptions list.
- Click Next> and change the action from Block to Allow and click OK to save your changes.
Confirm the exception is present in the Intrusion Prevention Exceptions list and click OK to save the policy.Ensure this policy is applied to the SEP client group which is affected.
This will allow the device to continue scanning without throwing any warnings or flags from Symantec. This will also not take any protection away from the device that is scanning as an agent should still be deployed on that device.