Rebranding Guide for Managed Backup
Managed Backup service offers a full Managed Backup client rebranding and customization. This allows you to provide an easy-to-use and efficient cloud backup solution under your own brand.
Our Managed Backup service has multiple customization features that can make Managed Backup client look fully aligned with your brand.
With Advanced Rebranding you can customize:
1) Product icons and images
2) Product welcome and copyright texts, support email and website address
3) Specific backup options (like compression, encryption; storage class for Amazon S3 etc.)
4) Product options like enable/disable local Backup or even prevent users to manage backup/restore themselves
This section guides you through all the rebranding details. Read the following part of this section to learn about rebranding:
Rebranding icons, images, and text
Will be shown in window caption.
- 48x48 (make sure you have both XP and 256 colors for each size)
Max file size: 500KB
Displays in tray when the application is minimized
Size: 16 x 16, Type: ICO (256 colors)
Max file size: 500KBResource name: TrayIcon
Note: to prepare an icon you need to have an initial PNG (or other image format) file of sizes 16x16, 32x32, 64x64 and convert them into icon using a special program (e.g. http://www.free-icon-editor.com/).
New version notification
Appears at the application window bottom status bar when new product version is available for download.
Size: 16 x 16
Type: GIF (animated)
Resource name: NewVersion
Shown at the time of product starting.
Size: 436 x 310
Max file size: 500KB
Note: the area marked with red square should be reserved for product information such as build number, license, etc. The bottom panel is reserved for text "Loading..." that is written during the application startup.
Top banner for dialogs
Feedback, Trial Expired, Register Product, About, Check for update, New Version is available
Size: 413 x 77
Max file size: 500KBResource name: DialogTopBanner
Banner image for Wizards
Backup and Restore Wizards
Size: 141 x 72
Max file size: 500KBResource Name: WizardBannerRightImage
Left image for Wizards
Backup and Restore Wizards
Size: 178 x 475
Max file size: 500KBResource Name: WizardLeftPanel
Left panel for Installer
Left panel image for installer Size: 164 x 314
Max file size: 500KB
Resource name: strProductName
Default: Online Backup
Displays everywhere in the product (caption, about, etc)
Resource name: strWelcomeDescriptionText
Default: Online Backup provides a powerful Backup and Restore program designed to leverage Amazon S3 storage to make your disaster recovery plan simple, reliable, and affordable. Disaster recovery planning is often times an afterthought that comes to light when disaster strikes. Very seldom do companies fully recover from loss of critical data which could lead to loss of business.
Displays on product Welcome page
Resource name: WebSite
Resource name: SupportEmail
Resource name: CopyrightText
Resource name: DefaultLanguage
Default: English (United States)
Rebranding product options
You can set the following backup options (specific to Amazon S3 storage only):
- Enable Client Console - this option enables the users to open and use the client console and fully manage their backup/restore plans. If this option is off, the users are not allowed to even launch the client.
- Enable Local Backup in the console - this option provides your clients with an ability to use their local folders as a storage and allows users to set up and manage a Local Backup the client.
- Enable Manual Files Delete - this option enables an ability to delete files from the storage (Backup Storage tab) in the client.
- Enable backup plan edit - this option enables editing backup plans in the client.
- Enable restore plan edit - this option enables editing restore plans in the client.
- Show Compression option in the console - this option enables Compression option on the client.
- Use Compression by default - this option sets Compression as a default setting for your customers.
- Show Encryption option in the console - this option enables Encryption option on the client.
- Show Filename Encryption option in the console - this option enables Filename Encryption option on the client.
- Show SSE option in the console - this option enables SSE (Amazon S3 Server Side Encryption) option on the client.
- Use SSE by default - this option sets SSE as a default encryption for your customers.
- Show RRS option in the console - this option enables RRS (Amazon S3 Reduced Redundancy Storage) option on the client.
- Use RRS by default - this option sets RRS as a default storage for your customers.
- Show Standard-IA option in the console - this option enables Standard-IA (Amazon Standard-Infrequent Access) option on the client.
- Use Standard-IA by default - this option sets Standard-IA as a default storage for your customers.
- Show Restore to EC2 option in the console - this option enables "Restore to EC2" option in the console.
- Show Block Level option in the console - this option enables Block Level backup on the client,
- Use Block Level by default - this option sets Block Level backup as default on the client,
- Show VSS option in the console - this option enables "Force using VSS" option on the client.
- Use VSS by default - this option sets "Force using VSS" option as default on the client.
- Enable Client Sign Up - this option enables an ability to sign up directly from the client.
How to rebrand
The rebranding process consists of the following steps:
1. Customize the product resources (icons, images, texts, options)
2. Update resources on our server,
3. Prepare a rebranded build.
Step 1. Go to the Downloads tab of the Managed Backup service control panel. Scroll the screen down until you see the "Rebranding Specification" box.
Step 2. Optional: Download "Specification" and "Sample Graphics" files. The specification will provide you with information and recommendations for successful rebranding. The sample graphics can be useful for you or your graphic designer as an example or as a basis for your own Managed Backup client graphics.
Step 3. When brand images for the Managed Backup client is ready, go to the Advanced Rebranding tab, under Downloads.
You will be redirected to the "Advanced Rebranding" screen where you will be able to upload your custom images and icons. After selecting the image, you will see a preview of your customized backup client.
Step 4. Click "Browse..." in the "Installer" box and select your custom image for the installer left panel.
Once the selected image have been uploaded, a preview becomes available:
Step 5. Click "Browse..." in the "Backup Plan Wizard" box and select your custom left image for backup and restore wizards.
Click another "Browse..." button in the "Backup Plan Wizard" box to select your custom banner image for wizards.
Once your custom images have been uploaded, the preview becomes available:
Step 6. Click "Browse..." in the "Icons" box and select your custom Tray icon.
Click another "Browse..." button in the "Icons" box and select your custom Main icon.
The uploaded icons become available for a preview.
Step 7. Click "Browse..." in the "Dialogs" box and select your custom Banner for dialogs. Look at the preview.
Step 8. Click the "Browse..." button in the "Splash screen" box and select your custom Splash screen image. Look at the preview.
Step 9. In the "Texts" box specify your Welcome Description, Web Site, Support Email, Copyright Text and Default Language. In the "Welcome Description" field you can write anything you want, however the default text is designed to ease Welcome Description customization.
Step 10. In the "Options" box set the necessary rebranding options.
Step 11. To finish the customization procedure, click the "Update Resources" button.
Now you can request a custom build of the backup client by clicking Get More on the Downloads slide-out panel.
Select the checkbox next to the required build and click OK.
After you have marked such build as "public", your customers can download the backup client with your customized images, icons, texts, contact email, company name and product name.