Cloudberry Unlimited allows users to quickly restore files backed up files. Data restoration is straightforward and doesn't require much time and technical knowledge from the user.
There are several ways to start files restoration in Managed Backup client:
- Use "Restore Wizard" if you want to restore some specific files and folders.
- Restore your files selectively from the "Backup Storage" tab.
- Restore files related to a specific backup plan from the "Backup Plans" tab
Launch Managed Backup client and log in with email and password of the user account you want to restore files from.
Make sure to specify the backup prefix in "Advanced settings" as shown below. The backup prefix is typically a computer name from which you want to restore the data.
Restore files from the "Backup Storage" tab
Step 1. Open the "Backup Storage" tab.
Step 2. Here you'll see the list of files and computers applied to your account. It may be several computers using the same user account.
Step 3. When all the required files was located, just right-click on any of them and click Restore .
Step 4. At the "Plan name" step specify whether you want to save this configuration as a separate restore plan or to use it once. Give your plan a name if you want to save it and click "Next" button.
Step 5. At the "Restore Type" step choose version of the files you want to restore. Available options are:
- Latest Version. Choosing this option will automatically restore the latest version of selected files.
- Point in time. You can specify a date and time of the files' version to restore. If there is no version of such date and time, the restore will not run.
- While selecting the requisite restore date of your files, you can now specify the modification and backup period. The modification period indicates that only files that were modified within that period will be restored. Similarly, specifying the backup period will ensure that only files that were backed up throughout that period will be restored.
- Manually. Make manual selection of files' versions you would like to restore.
Choose the preferred option and click "Next" button.
Step 6. At the "Destination" step specify local folder on your computer where the restored files will be saved. There are couple options available:
- Restore to original location. If you choose this option your files will be restored to the location where they were originally kept.
- Restore to specific location. This option allows you to specify a local folder on your computer in which the restored files will be saved. You can also set up this location as a default destination for future restores. Also there's an option to overwrite existing files in the local storage.
When you're finished with a restore destination configuration, click "Next" button to proceed.
Step 7. At the "Encryption Options" step enter a password to decrypt selected files, if they are encrypted.
Step 8. Review restore settings on the "Summary" screen and and click "Next".
Step 9. Click Finish to start the restoration process.
If you've done everything correctly, the restoration will begin. You can watch the restoration progress as shown on the screenshot below.
Restore from the "Backup Plans" tab
You can restore from "Backup Plans" tab only if you got previously configured backup plan their.
Step 1. Click on the "Backup Plans" tab. Select the plan for which you want to run a restore process. Expand the selected plan to view its properties.
Step 2. Click on the "Restore Files" link to launch "Restore Wizard".
Step 3. The Restore Wizard will appear. The following steps are identical to those from Step 5.