Office 365 Account Registration
To begin the registration, access your account portal at https://securesitecontrol.com/
Type your username and password to login.
We have now added Microsoft Office 365 on our overview page. There are two ways to access it's management portal.
1. Via the Microsoft Office 365 option under Menu (upper left)
2. Via the Microsoft Office 365 option in overview (center)
You will be redirected to Manage page where you can manage your existing O365 Users(Tenants). Kindly refer below screen.
Upon clicking on add menu, You will be able to add new Office365 user as per your need. Kindly refer below screen.
We recommend filling blanks in following convention:
- Company name - name of the company that O365 tenant is created for,
- Email address - yours/primary admins email address, this is the primary contact email outside this O365 tenant,
- First Name and Last Name - yours/primary admins first and last name,
- Country, State, City, Address, Zip Code - company info,
- Phone - yours/primary admins phone.
This is how your first account will look like. There are few things to note here:
1. O365 Username : This will be your default admin username used to login to the Office 365 portal. It should always include the domain, onmicrosoft.com. Why?
Office 365 creates a domain for you, like contoso.onmicrosoft.com, when you sign up with the service. The user ID that you create when you sign up includes the domain, like firstname.lastname@example.org. This can be changed once you are on the Office 365 Admin panel, which will be discussed in other topics.
2. Password : This is the system generated password for your Office 365 account. Please note that this is just a temporary password given to you for your O365 account.
3. O365 Link : This link redirects you to the Office 365 portal. Just click on it to open a new window or tab to sign in to your O365 account. Another way to do it is by going to https://login.microsoftonline.com/ or https://portal.office.com.
4. Licenses : These are the license count for your O365 account. You can add and reduce licenses depending on your needs. Just hit the save button at the bottom once you are done editing your license count. A more detailed guide will be provided. To manage your licenses kindly navigate to Manage page -> Click on Username. Kindly refer below screen.
As discussed on the above step, when you click on the O365 link, you will be redirected to this page. Just sign in with your username and hit next.
Enter the password and hit Sign In.
The next page will ask you to change your temporary password. Type your current password on the first box, then the new password on the next two boxes.
When successful, you will be redirected to your Office 365 tenant account. Your purchase products will be listed on this Dashboard, and we will provide a more detailed guide to assist you in managing your O365 account.
Add and Validate Domain
To configure DNS settings for the organization's domain login to Office 365 portal - https://portal.office.com/ - using admin credentials.
Click on Admin.
In the Admin portal click on the Setup and Domains.
Next click +Add domain.
Provide the domain for configuration and click Next.
For verification use TXT record and input it in domain DNS settings (after saving TXT record it may take from 5 to 10 minutes to propagate).
In the next step select, I'll manage my own DNS records and click Next.
Tick all of the boxes to configure DNS required for any Office 365 service:
In the next window Office 365 will provide you with all the records needed. Sample DNS list is provided below:
|_sipfederationtls._tcp.example.com||SRV||3600||100 1 5061 sipfed.online.lync.com|
|_sip._tls.example.com||SRV||3600||100 1 443 sipdir.online.lync.com|
|example.com||TXT||3600||"v=spf1 a include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all"|
NOTE! First two CNAME records might not be allowed by some domain hosters. Those records are for DKIM configuration and help to prevent email spoofing. To activate DKIM for your domain you need to go to https://outlook.office365.com/ecp/?rfr=Admin_o365 navigate to protection -> dkim. Select your domain and click Enable in the DKIM section on the right-hand side as presented on the picture below:
After adding those value in domain configuration allow them to propagate and click Verify.
You can add multiple domains to one Office 365 tenant with the same steps.
Adding users to the organization and assigning licenses
To add user to the organization login to the Office 365 Admin center - https://portal.office.com/adminportal/home - and login with your credentials.
Go to Users -> Active users
Click Add a user
Fill basic information about the user and choose users' domain, fill contact information like phone, etc.
NOTE! The location must be picked in order to assign licenses. You can choose other locations for different users - it is recommended for enhanced routing performance (user data will be kept with all other users in your tenant GEO location).
Choose licenses to assign to a user:
If you chose auto-generated password it will be provided in the next step.
You can decide whether to send credentials via email or provide them to the user in some other manner. After sending or clicking Close user is created.
For all services to be configured it might take from 30 minutes up to 1 hour. User should be able to use most of them after few minutes but all options might not be available.
Setting up email on mobile device
To set up email account on a mobile device an app with MAPI protocol support is needed (Outlook mobile app recommended).
1. After opening the Outlook mobile app tap GET STARTED
2. Input your email address and click CONTINUE
3. Window similar to one from a web browser will appear prompting for password to the account.
4. After inputting password you can add another account or skip this step.
5. Setup is complete.
NOTE! Shared mailbox cannot be added to a mobile device.
If you prefer to setup email account over POP or IMAP protocol, please find proper POP, IMAP, and SMTP settings below:
Server name: outlook.office365.com
Encryption method: TLS
Server name: outlook.office365.com
Encryption method: TLS
Server name: smtp.office365.com
Encryption method: STARTTLS